JRC's BIRTHDAY BASH
Saturday, April 14, 2018
Celebrating 10 years in our platinum LEED-certified synagogue building
About the JRC BIRTHDAY BASH
Every year, JRC throws a fabulous party for members to enjoy together with delicious food and fine wines, entertainment and a live auction. The purpose of the night is twofold: to have a great time together, and also to raise important funds to support our congregation.
If you've never been to the gala, this is your year!
This year, we're doing things a little differently. Instead of a traditional sit-down dinner, we're planning a festive evening of games and dancing with a DJ and an abundance of appetizers, desserts, and drinks. Come ready to bid for exclusive experiences in our live auction and sign up for a variety of unique buy-in parties that will keep the party going for the rest of the year.
Why the JRC BIRTHDAY BASH gala matters
Whenever we gather at JRC as a community, our ties become stronger. And our fundraising goal of $75,000 for this event is integral to our ability to provide the quality programs and services that we value as JRC members.
Keep the fun going all year long with Buy-In Parties
This year's Buy-In Parties - events hosted by members to benefit JRC's gala - are some of the most exciting yet. They range from exclusive luxury experiences to family friendly bonanzas. Even more Buy-in parties will be announced in time for the gala, and they’ll sell out quickly!
There are many ways to ensure the BIRTHDAY BASH will be a fantastic event for our community, and we can't do it without your help. There's only one thing that makes the JRC BIRTHDAY BASH a success: YOU
Give a birthday present
- Request donations of gift cards and items from your favorite restaurants, salons, stores, and theatres. Businesses are happy to do it (it's good PR) - here's a handy form to make it easier.
- Create a fun Buy-in Party to offer after the BIRTHDAY BASH. Buy-in Parties are activities hosted by JRC members with all ticket costs going to benefit the congregation. Submit your party idea here or contact Reese Gratch at [email protected] if you have questions.
- Donate bottles of fine wine, valued at $40 and up, for our wine cork pull
Voulnteer ahead of time
- Help the Birthday Bash Committee with advance planning. Contact Committee Co-Chairs Sara Cohn and Jeany Soshnik at [email protected].
- Man our ticket table on Sunday mornings
- Help with marketing and get the word out
- Decorate the social hall before the event
Many thanks to our "Platinum" Underwriters:
Mary Jo Barrett & Dennis O'Keefe, Sara & Stan Cohn, Ron Deitch & Jeany Soshnik, Terri Drews & Ed Getz, Joan Dumser & Alan Rudin, Carol & Howard Ellegant, Marya & Peter Frankel, Laurie Goldstein & Jonathan Marshall, Alan & Sallie Gratch, Joel & Reese Gratch, Freddi Greenberg & Dan Pinkert, Barbara & Jerry Israelite, Dan & Kay Israelite, David Kleiman, Fay & Dan Levin, Mel & Sherry Lopata, Jonathan Markowitz & Ruth Wenger, Barbara & David Pinzur, Alan & Patty Rubin, Alan & Suzanne Saposnik, Len & Lisa Servedio, Ed Smolevitz & Rhonda Stein, Margie Morrison Zivin & Mark Zivin
Interested in becoming a Platinum Underwriter? Please contact Joel Gratch at [email protected] if you'd like to support JRC in this special way.