The mission of the JRC Library is to promote lifelong learning at JRC and to reinforce and support congregational programming. Our Library serves the whole JRC community, including adults, teens, children, b'nai mitzvah and our school staffs. JRC's Library is a Judaic reading and learning resource that includes books, periodicals, and digital media. The collection includes Reconstructionist and other Jewish thought and philosophy, Torah commentary, Jewish life, history, biography, fiction, poetry, and much more.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays during Religious School from 3:00-6:30pm
- Sundays during Religious School from 8:30am-1:30pm
- Summer: Tuesdays and Thursdays 10:00am-2:00pm
Librarian Eva Eisenstein holds a masters degree in library science and has managed Judaic libraries for over 15 years. She is a member of the Judaica Library Network of Metropolitan Chicago and the Association of Jewish Libraries. You can contact Eva at [email protected].
Checking Out Books
JRC members can check out books from the library and bring them home to enjoy.
- Select the book(s) you would like to check out
- Fill out the card from inside the book cover with your name and phone number
- Leave the card in the small box on the Librarian's desk
Books are due three weeks from the date they are checked out.
JRC's Book Group
The Book Group meets in the JRC Library on the second Sunday of most months. Visit our calendar for dates, times and selections. Wondering what we've read in the past? Here's a compendium of JRC Book Group selections since 1986.
Support the Library
Make a donation to the Library Fund