Welcome to JRC!
We are a welcoming, inclusive and vibrant community located just north of the city of Chicago in Evanston, Illinois. When you join JRC, you become part of a community with a 50+ year history and a commitment to Jewish practices, Reconstructionism, lifelong learning, social justice and a sustainable environment.
What Does it Mean to be a Member of JRC?
- You become part of a community that embraces diversity, mutual support, heartfelt communication, and the incorporation of Jewish values and traditions in everyday modern life.
- You and your immediate family will be connected to JRC’s clergy for life cycle events and support.
- You’ll be invited to festive social occasions, like Shabbat potlucks, meet & greets, and our annual gala.
- You can engage with fellow members not just when you're at JRC, but online as well. You can connect through our members-only Facebook group, stay involved with our email updates, and use our online member portal to access the membership directory, register for school and events, and make secure online tuition payments and donations.
- You’ll receive High Holiday tickets for the adults in your household (children don’t need tickets) and significant discounts on extra tickets for close relatives (like parents).
- You are eligible (and enthusiastically encouraged) to join the Committees and Task Forces at JRC that reflect your interests. You’re also eligible for election to our Board of Directors and have voting rights.
There are more than a dozen families with multiple generations of adult members at JRC. Watch our video to see how membership has an impact on our families in each generation.