Welcome to JRC!
We are a welcoming, inclusive and vibrant community located just north of the city of Chicago in Evanston, Illinois. When you join JRC, you become part of a community with a 50+ year history and a commitment to Jewish practices, Reconstructionism, lifelong learning, social justice and a sustainable environment.
What Does it Mean to be a Member of JRC?
- You belong to a community that embraces diversity, mutual support, heartfelt communication, and the incorporation of Jewish values and traditions in everyday modern life.
- You’ll have access to JRC’s clergy for life cycle events for you and your immediate family.
- You’ll be invited to festive social occasions, like Shabbat potlucks, meet & greets, and our annual gala; and new member events, like our annual Hanukkah party.
- You can engage with fellow members not just when you're at JRC, but also in our private members-only Facebook group.
- You’ll have access to our membership directory, as well as be able to make tuition payments and donations in our secure online system.
- You’ll receive High Holiday tickets for the adults in your household (children don’t need tickets) and significant discounts on extra tickets for close relatives (like parents).
- You are eligible (and enthusiastically encouraged) to join the committees and task forces at JRC that reflect your interests. You’re also eligible for election to our Board of Directors and have voting rights.
Start Your JRC Membership
Contact Jill Persin at [email protected] or 847-328-7678. We look forward to meeting you!
You know about JRC, now let us get to know you!
At JRC we provide a dues range rather than a fixed amount for each category of household. If you are able, we encourage you to select a dues level above the minimum for your household. Your generosity helps JRC continue a longstanding practice of welcoming all our members with due regard for ability to pay.
Did you know that at JRC all Early Childhood Center families are included as members of congregation?