When should I renew my membership?
JRC's membership year ends on June 30, which means that all renewals must be completed by July 1 to ensure a seamless transition. In order to simplify the renewal process, we've made some changes:
- In the renewal packet mailed to current members in June, members who have made a pledge to JRC's Capital Campaign will find that their annual commitment have already been included. As a continuation from last year, members will find Building Fund, Religious School tuition, Youth Group fees, and B'nai Mitzvah fees already included on the form, as well as Religious School deposits paid before June.
- We've also reinstated the 12-month payment plan. If you would like to take advantage of this plan, your membership renewal must be complete by mid-July.
Can't wait to receive your pre-printed dues commitment form?
Dues range and tzedakah
We're continuing our practice of offering a membership fee range rather than a fixed amount for each membership category. If you are able, please make a commitment above the minimum amount for your household. Please also consider joining our Circle of Chai by making a donation above and beyond your membership commitment. Your generosity helps JRC maintain our religious, educational and social action activities, as well as continuing our longstanding practice of welcoming all members with due regard for ability to pay.
If You Have Children...
Please complete your Religious School or Early Childhood Center registration.
Did you know that all of our Early Childhood families are members of the congregation?
We are proud to include Early Childhood families in our intergenerational community, and we hope that your family will forge relationships to take you through the next stages in all of your lives. We hope you will continue to be a member when your children graduate from the Early Childhood Center.
Financial pledges are an individual choice, and your contributions support not just the Early Childhood Center, but also important progressive programming and social justice initiatives. By supporting the congregation, we hope you will feel a sense of belonging in a vibrant, active community.
Some of the benefits of membership include:
- Access to JRC’s clergy for life cycle events for you and your immediate family, such as baby naming ceremonies
- The ability to make tuition payments and donations in our secure online system
- Eligibility to enroll your children in JRC's Religious School for Pre-K through High School students
- Free High Holiday tickets for the adults in your household (children don’t need tickets) and children's programming during services
- Invitations to festive social occasions, like our annual Hanukkah family service and potluck, kid friendly concerts, and summer beach Shabbat services
- Parents are encouraged to join committees and social justice task forces. You’re also eligible for election to our Board of Directors and have voting rights
Please contact Jill Persin at [email protected] or 847-328-7678. We look forward to another year together - and many more!