On Sunday February 7, the JRC community will vote to ratify the hiring of Rabbi Weiss. Voting will take place from 9:30-11:30 am. Here is the full timeline for the special congregational meeting and vote:
- 9:00 am: Coffee and snacks, check-in, and ballot distribution. The Task Force will be present to talk with you and answer questions before the meeting.
- 9:30 am: The meeting is called to order. The Task Force will give a short presentation and answers questions. Voting begins once the meeting is called to order at 9:30 am, and will remain open until 11:30 am. You are welcome to stay for the Task Force presentation, but it is not required in order to vote. The Rabbi Search Task Force will be available from 9:30-11:30 am to answer questions.
- 11:30 am: Meeting adjourns, and the votes are counted. Rabbi Weiss will be contacted to inform her of the outcome, after which the results will be announced to those who remain following the meeting, and the congregation ASAP.
The vote will be conducted by paper ballot as per the bylaws:
- If a majority of all the Congregants present and voting at such meeting favor engagement, termination or non-renewal, as appropriate, such voting being undertaken by closed ballot, then such engagement, termination or non-renewal shall become effective immediately.
- In accordance with our bylaws: "each household in good standing, that includes more than one adult, shall be entitled to two votes and each household in good standing that includes only one adult shall be entitled to one vote."
- Adult children who do not have their own membership are not considered voting members. The bylaws do not allow for e-mail or proxy votes.
If you have any questions about the rabbi search, please direct them to Reese Gratch and Rich Katz, co-chairs of the Rabbi Search Task Force, at [email protected].